have ; possess ; there is ; exist
I have many discs.
Do you have a room available?
I have a red gabardine coat.
Do you have some change?
There is an interesting program on television tonight.
There is a rose bush in front of the office.
The meaning of death includes two aspects as decease and dying while living.
Is time no beginning and no end?
People tend to amass possessions sometimes without being aware of doing so.
1. No matter where you go in life or how old you get, there’s always something new to learn about. After all, life is full of surprises. 不管你生活在哪里，你有多少岁，总有新东西要学习，毕竟，生活总是充满惊喜。
2. Eventually, you’ll learn to cry that on the inside. 终有一天，你会学会让泪往心里流。
3. If you’re not satisfied with the life you’re living, don’t just complain. Do something about it. 对于现况的不满，不能只是抱怨，要有作出改变。
4. What will be the effect of the alliance between IBM and Apple? 若IBM公司和苹果公司联合将会有什么效果呢?
5. Specialists see various reasons for the recent surge in inflation. 专家们认为目前通货膨胀加剧有多种原因。
6. I feel it’s done me good to get it off my chest. 我感觉吐吐苦水对我有好处。
7. I don’t see the point in it really. It’s just stupid. 我真的不理解这到底有什么意义，简直是愚蠢透顶。
8. Megamalls and fast food restaurants line the highway system. 公路系统沿线有大型商场和快餐店。
9. It is certainly worth checking up on your benefit entitlements. 查清楚你可以享受哪些福利是绝对有必要的。
10. She spent a period of time working with people dying of cancer. 她有一段时间曾帮助垂危的癌症患者。
11. It was five long miles to the nearest pub. 离最近的酒吧有长长的5英里的路程。
12. Mark had for some time been making advances towards her. 马克追她已经有一段时间了。
13. They were knocking around together for about a year. 他们交往大概有一年了。
14. Kaspar had spoken know-ledgeably about the state of agriculture in Europe. 卡斯帕对欧洲农业状况发表了一番颇有见地的见解。
15. There has always been a difference between community radio and commercial radio. 社区广播电台和商业广播电台一直是有区别的。
16. Australian rugby league enjoys a huge following in New Zealand. 澳大利亚橄榄球联盟在新西兰有众多支持者。
17. More people would be attracted to cycling if conditions were right. 如果天气适宜，会有更多的人被吸引到骑自行车的行列中来。
18. The public never had faith in his ability to handle the job. 公众从来不相信他有能力胜任这一职位。
19. I have a fair idea of how difficult things can be. 我大致了解情况会有多困难。
20. “I wish I had a little brother,” said Daphne wistfully. “我希望有个小弟弟。”达夫妮伤感地说。