1.in one’s turn轮到某人(做事)。例如：
They，in their torn，rejected that. 轮到他们时，他们也拒绝了。
2.in turn依次地，一次一个地，轮流地，其含义为：按照一个固定的顺序依次进行。in turn在句中位置较灵活，只有在表示“轮流”时才可和 by turns换用，但它表示的时间范围要大些。in turn还可表示“回报”。例如：
①They rowed in turn/by toms. 他们轮流划船。
②The children went on the bus in torn. 孩子们依次上了公共汽车。
③Life becomes possible only when food is converted into energy，which in turn is used to seek more food to grow，to reproduce and to survive.
④I took Sally out to lunch，and she took me out in turn.
3. at every turn每次，总是，到处，主要表示事情发生的频率。例如：
①Because of his drinking，the man was refused a job at every torn.
②Life holds new adventures al every torn.
①His condition is critical;we have to look after him by toms.
②When John had a fever，he felt cold and hot by turns.
5.on the turn 正在转变中，(牛奶)在变酸。例如：
①At last the condition of the patient seems to be on the turn.
②This cream is on the turn. 这些奶油变酸了。
6.out of turn不按顺序，加塞儿，此义为 in turn(依次地)的反义语。Out of turn 还可表示“不合时宜”。例如：
①Bill tried to register out of turn and was sent away.
②I hope I haven’t spoken out of turn.I didn’t know it was supposed to be secret.
7.to a turn煮(烧等)得恰到好处，完美的。turn可改为T。例如：
①This fowl is done to a turn. 这只鸡炖得恰到好处。
②His nickname，Tiny，suited to a T.
英语中由 “turn” 构成的短语很多，常见的有：
1. turn in ①归还 ②就寝 ③将某人交给警方拘押
1)You must turn in your equipment before you leave the army.
2)Well, I think I’ll turn in. I’ve got to get up early.
3)She threatened to turn him in.
2. turn up ①出现，到达 ②开大音量 ③被发现或找到 ④查(字典等)
1)He promised to come but hasn’t turned up yet.
2)I can’t hear the radio very well; could you turn it up a bit?
3)I’m sure your watch will turn up one of these days.
4)You may turn the word up in the dictionary.
3. turn on ①打开 ②依赖 ③突然攻击某人
1)could you turn on the light, please?
2) The success of a picnic usually turns on the weather.
3)Why are you all turning on me?
4. turn off 关掉(煤气，水，电，收音机，电视机等)
1)They have turned the gas off for a couple of days.
2) Don’t forget to turn off the light when you leave.
5. turn out ①证明是，结果是 ②关掉 ③生产 ④赶走
1)The experiment turned out to be a great success.
2) It turned out that she didn’t get the job.
3) Remember to turn out the lights before you go to bed.
4) The factory turns out 100 cars per day.
5) Benjamin turned his son out of the house without any money.
6. turn down ①关小 ②拒绝
1)Can you turn the TV down? I’m trying to get some sleep.
2) He tried to join the army but was turned down because of poor health.
7. turn against 背叛
1)She will never turn against her country.
2) She turned against her old friend.
8. turn into 把……变成，译成
1)You’ll never turn me into a salesman.
2) Turn the following sentences into Chinese, please.
9. turn to 翻到，求助于
1) Please turn to page10.
2) The child turned to its mother for comfort.
3) turn to a dictionary (look up the words in the dictionary)
10. turn over ①翻身，翻转 ②移交，交付
1) She turned over and went to sleep.
2) The car turned right over.
11. turn (a)round ①绕着……转 ②面向另一方向
1) The earth turns around / round the sun.
2) Turn around / round and let me look at your back.
12. turn away ①转过脸，不面对或不再看 ②拒绝帮助，拒绝某人进入某处
1) She turned away in horror at the sight of so much blood.
2) A doctor can’t turn away a dying man.
3) Hundreds of people had to be turned away from the stadium.
13. turn back 原路返回，往回走
1) The weather became so bad that they had to turn back.
2) We were turned back at the border because of the fighting.
14. take turns (at) doing sth. / to do sth. 依次，轮流做某事
1) We took turns (at) doing the driving on the way up to Canada.
2) You’ll have to take turns being captain of the team.
15. in turn ①结果 ②依次
1) Interest rates were cut, and in turn, share prices rose.
2) He asked each of us in turn to describe how alcohol had affected our lives.
16. by turns 依次
1) Let’s drive the car by turns.
2) We did the work by turns.
17. at every turn 经常地，每次
1) I kept meeting him at every turn.