1. Feel right as rain
例：You’ll see that if you have a good night’s sleep, you’ll feel as right as rain.
2. When it rains, it pours.
Tim: Not only did he lose his job, his car was also stolen. Both his laptop and iPhone were in it.
Charlie: Oh no. When it rains, it pours.
3. Rain on someone’s parade
例：I’m having such fun, so please don’t rain on my parade.
4. Rain check
例：I’d love to go for dinner, but I can’t tonight. Can I take a rain check and get back to you?
5. Come rain or shine: whatever happens.
例：Don’t worry. I’ll be there for you on Thursday, come rain or shine.
6. Save money for a rainy day
My father always told me to save money for a rainy day. I’m so glad I took his advice.
1. The recent rain had churned up the waterfall into a muddy whirlpool.
2. His hair was plastered down to his scalp by the rain.
3. They walked along the promenade on a rainy night.
4. A Dutch newspaper photographed the president waiting forlornly in the rain.
5. It will stop in a minute —it’s only spitting.
6. Hugo bore his illness with great courage and good humour.
7. He hurried through the rain, to the patrol car.
8. Regular forking of beds and borders relieves the compaction caused by rain.
9. The ground still smelled of rain and they muddied their shoes.
10. The rain remained steady though the wind had died down.
11. They drove home with their windshield wipers going whoosh whoosh.
12. He was wounded in both legs and severely peppered with shrapnel.
13. They had come in from the cold and the wet.
14. When it rained I rigged up a partial shelter with a tarpaulin.
15. It was raining hard, and she hadn’t an umbrella.