meet ; come across ; encounter ; see ; strike
网 络meet;uian;come across;encounter
She makes use of people she meets as raw material for her fiction.
Fancy meeting you here!
This is the last place where I expected to meet you.
I met her in a sultry summer afternoon.
I met her by sheer chance.
I met a wanderer in the street yesterday.
We met some friends and other people in addition.
Would it be the same if i saw you in heaven?
True love is to meet the right person at the right time in the right place.
1. It was at university that he first encountered Hopkins. 他第一次遇见霍普金斯是在上大学的时候。
2. The expectant mothers that Amy had encountered positively glowed with pride. 埃米遇见的准妈妈们个个洋溢着自豪和喜悦。
3. The publishing world had certainly never seen an event quite like this. 出版界以前确实没有遇见过类似这样的事。
4. When I met her, she had just returned from a job interview. 我遇见她时，她刚参加完一场求职面试回来。
5. You distract me. I’ve been distracted since the moment I met you. Because all I can think about is how much I want to kiss you. 你害我分心。从遇见你的那一刻起，你就让我分心。因为我的脑海里满满都是想吻你的冲动。
6. She undoubtedly met Captain Waite at sea. 她在海上一定遇见了韦特船长。
7. I met her again three years later. 三年后我又遇见她了。
8. I ran across her in the public library yesterday. 我昨天在公共图书馆碰巧遇见了她.
9. He was the most unstable kind of fool I had ever seen. 他是我所遇见过的最反复无常的傻瓜.
10. I met them for the second time last week. 我上周第二次遇见他们.
11. I met an old flame when I was in a pub. 我在酒店时遇见了旧情人.
12. His grandiose manner impressed those who met him for the first time. 他那种夸大的举止给第一次遇见他的人留下了深刻的印象.
13. The other day I came across a friend in the street. 日前我在街上遇见了一位朋友.
14. My brother, whom you met the other day, has gone abroad. 前几天你遇见过的我的那个兄弟, 出国去了.
15. I clashed into him as I went round the corner. 我转过街角时,突然遇见了他.
16. It is pleasant for us to meet you. 遇见你我们感到很高兴.
17. Curiously enough, I, too, met him yesterday. 真够怪的, 我昨天也遇见了他.
18. As yet, I haven’t met her. 到现在为止, 我还没遇见她.
19. I dropped across Little Tom yesterday. 昨天我偶然遇见小汤姆.
20. I met her quite by chance. 我遇见她完全是偶然的.