英 [ʃɔ:t] 美 [ʃɔrt]
a short man
a grade lower
a low wall [house]
1. I heard them coming, crashing through the undergrowth, before I saw them.
2. He was short and fat, with a large beer belly.
3. Eddie was a short squat fellow in his forties with thinning hair.
4. Bess was self-conscious about being shorter than her two friends.
5. He was short and stocky, and had a thick neck.
6. A blackbird flew down and perched on the parapet outside his window.
7. This is when geraniums and petunias come into their own.
8. The bushfire actually helped to burn off a lot of dead undergrowth.
9. He’sthe shortest of four brothers.
10. Cissie was round-shouldered and dumpy.
11. She was a little short in stature.
12. Moira stretched herself out on the lower bench.
13. She put it down on the low table.
14. They drove the ponies into a corral.
15. low buildings with flat roofs