1. The dwarf’s long arms were not proportional to his height.
2. A dwarf going upstairs getting higher step by step.
3. He is a dwarf.
4. ‘You should have said, short as a dwarf,’returned Jacques Two.
“ 你应该说’矮得像个侏儒’的. ” 雅克二号插嘴.
5. The nova phenomenon generally occurs in a binary system that has as one member a very hot white dwarf.
6. The dwarf shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.
7. While he was yet in unspeakable agonies, the dwarf renewed their conversation.
8. He looked around and spotted Garfield the Dwarf.
9. One is a giant, the other a dwarf.
10. The dwarf put his hand to his great flapped ear, and counterfeited the closest attention.
11. As a slowly contracting dwarf the star may remain luminous for billions of years.
12. There the dwarf lay, snapping his fingers with gestures of defiance and contempt.
13. He looked upwards, and saw that the dwarf was smoking in his hammock.
14. Each innovation destined to dwarf the one extensive accomplishment of the Greeks – Euclidean geometry.
每一个创新都注定希腊人的巨大成就 — 欧几里德几何相形见绌.
15. What is left after an explosion is a dwarf star of extraordinary density.
1. I use the short-wave radio to get the latest war news.
2. The letter was short — a simple recitation of their problem.
3. They’ve come a long way in a short space of time.
4. There was a net outflow of about £50m in short-term capital.
5. I’ll run over to Short Mountain and check on Mrs Adams.
6. She has always had a high reputation for her excellent short stories.
7. Women are in fact still being short-changed in the press.
8. Food is in short supply all over the country.
9. There’s no one available at such short notice to take her class.
10. The guide book contains a short write-up of each hotel.
11. People still wore their hair short and dressed conventionally.
12. He was short and fat, with a large beer belly.
13. A short time later they sat down to eat.
14. This is a cynical manipulation of the situation for short-term political gain.
15. There was a short sharp shower followed by a strengthening breeze.