induce, persuade, urge, convince, counsel, coax
1. I'm not going to believe it myself, never mind convince anyone else.
2. It became clear that I hadn't been able to convince Mike.
3. You'll need to convince them of your enthusiasm for the job.
4. It's hopeless trying to convince her.
5. It requires a lot of talking to convince him.
6. Only by presenting facts and reasoning things out can we convince people.
7. I have given over trying to convince him.
8. They argue heatedly, but neither could convince the other.
9. Only by reasoning can we convince people completely.
10. Neither of them could convince the other.
11. The government has to convince voters it is proceeding coherently toward its goals.
12. Smith tries to convince them that he can hack it as a police chief.
13. Orson Welles managed to convince many Americans that they were being invaded by Martians.
14. But he now has to convince sceptics that he has a serious plan.
15. We were able to convince the students of the need for wider reading.