make a clean sweep
彻底清除 dispose of (everything)
My roses got some sort of fungus infection so I decided to make a clean sweep and replace the lot with new healthy plants.
keep one's nose clean
安分守己 stay out of trouble
That short prison sentence has done Wilfred good. He's come out and determined to keep his nose clean in future.
clean bill of health
1.健康证书 fit certificate
I just had a medical examination and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health.我刚进行了体格检查,医生就给了我一份健康证书。
as clean as a whistle
非常干净的 very clean
I want you to wash these dishes until they're as clean as a whistle.我要你把这些碟子洗得非常干净。
穿过,穿透 right through; without obstruction
The bullet went clean through his arm.子弹一直穿过他的臂膀。
clean, clear, sweep, dust, mop, wipe, scrub
clean ： 是这些动词中最常用的词，指将某物或某处的污物等清除掉，弄干净。
clear ： 指清除不要的东西。
sweep ： 指用扫帚等进行清扫，也用作比喻。
dust ： 指将积落在物体表面的尘土抹去、掸掉或擦去以保干净。
mop ： 侧重指用拖把擦洗地板，有时也指擦干净或擦去。
wipe ： 多指用布、纸等物把东西擦净，也指擦掉某物。
scrub ： 指用硬刷、肥皂或水用力地擦洗某物。
1. They were more concerned about the dogs' welfare than a clean getaway.
2. When he had finished washing he began to wipe the basin clean.
3. If you kept your nose clean, you had a job for life.
4. He rubbed and rubbed but couldn't seem to get clean.
5. The drill should be slowly rotated to ensure a clean hole.
6. I would love a hot bath and clean clothes.
7. She would clean the house from top to bottom.
8. Maybe this guy isn't so squeaky clean after all.
9. Accusations of tax evasion have tarnished his clean image.
10. Clean the mussels and discard any that do not close.
11. If you are using the same pan, clean it out.
12. And while I'm out you might clean up the kitchen.
13. She wanted to make a clean break from her mother and father.
14. "His private life is as clean as a whistle," says McSmith.
15. Why not wipe the slate clean and start all over again?