Time – 时间
Sold – 出售
Dusk – 黄昏 黑暗
Beer – 啤酒
Host – 主人
Spot – 斑点
Tomb – 坟墓
Worm – 小虫
1. One of Pete's friends wrote his car off there.
2. He was almost as tall as Pete, but skinnier.
3. "Why does she want to get in there?" Pete wondered.
4. I'd sooner he didn't know till I've talked to Pete.
5. Rachel started forward on the sofa. — "You mean you've arrested Pete?"
6. "You told Pete?" Rachel said incredulously. "I can't believe it!"
7. Pete's torch picked out the dim figures of Bob and Chang.
8. Pete got on his horse and started trotting across the field.
9. No one dared shoot for fear of hitting Pete.
10. Her conqueror, Senator Pete Wilson, is a diffident, moderate man.
11. There was a remarkable resem-blance between him and Pete.
12. Pete jammed his hands into his pockets.
13. Stopping to rest, Pete shut off the flash.
14. Pete, ever the optimist, said things were bound to improve.
15. His fury was so great he could hardly speak. He growled some unintelligible words at Pete.
1. His hair was disheveled, and his face was unshaven and gray.
2. Lovett was a tall, commanding man with a waxed gray mustache.
3. I saw this nice-looking man in a gray suit.
4. She tried to blow a gray strand of hair from her eyes.
5. In the mornings the sky appeared a heavy shade of mottled gray.
6. He was a tall, stout man with gray hair.
7. He slicked down his few remaining wisps of gray hair.
8. Gray is thought to be in hiding near the France/Italy border.
9. The mud is smooth, gray, soft, and plastic as butter.
10. He is light haired with gray eyes.
11. He's a real Dorian Gray, apparently untouched by the ageing process.
12. A band of gray hair encircled his bald dome.
13. The blue shirt and gray tie are a good match.
14. The sky was uniformly gray.
15. This hen is gray with white speckles.