sure, certain, definite, positive
sure ： 侧重主观上对某事确信无疑。
definite ： 指已毫无怀疑的余地。
positive ： 语气强烈，指对自己的看法或作的结论的正确性有不可动摇的信念。
[with infinitive]be sure to pop in.
[with clause]be sure that you know what is required.
I can't say for sure what Giles really wanted.
(as) sure as eggs is eggs
when X-rays were taken, sure enough, there was the needle.
sure of oneself
he's very sure of himself.
We'll win for sure.
Make sure he writes it down.
to be sure
1. There is a certain impatience among some of the soldiers.
2. Over the years he's demonstrated a certain prescience in foreign affairs.
3. I feel certain that it will all turn out well.
4. There are certain things he does that drive me mad.
5. Parents can programme the machine not to turn on at certain times.
6. The stores are sometimes sold out of certain groceries.
7. Certain areas have been declared off limits to servicemen.
8. They'll have to give up completely on certain of their studies.
9. She's absolutely certain she's going to make it in the world.
10. A farmer is entitled to a certain particularized tax treatment.
11. Nothing seems certain in this crucial period in Pakistan's political life.
12. Certain kinds of property are transferred automatically at death.
13. You owe a certain person a sum of money.
14. Mr King seems certain to be pressed for further details.
15. Kenworthy detected a certain flatness in the days that followed.
1. But legal experts are not sure if such a charge can stick.
2. Be sure you get your daily quota of calcium.
3. If something's a sure-fire hit then Radio One will play it.
4. They want to make sure the newcomers don't get a look-in.
5. This proposal is by no means a sure thing.
6. She was somewhat unapproachable but I'm sure she wanted to be friendly.
7. Make sure the draining board, sink and plug hole are regularly disinfected.
8. One thing I am sure of was that she was scared.
9. Nancy wasn't sure what to make of Mick's apology.
10. "I'm sure I don't know." Cook tossed her head.
11. Make sure that your meal won't be smothered with white sauce.
12. Make sure you join the queue inside the bank.
13. "What's happened to her?" — "I'm sure she won't be long."
14. Be sure to read about how mozzarella is made, on page 65.
15. I'm sure you will remember from the hellish years of your boyhood.
1. Her Royal Highness has definite views about most things.
2. When you came away you made a definite effort to mix.
3. Mary is very definite about this.
4. In a double-blind trial, there were definite improvements.
5. The police had nothing definite against her.
6. There has already been a definite improvement.
7. We didn't have any definite proof.
8. That's a very definite possibility.
9. Our ideas began to crystallize into a definite plan.
10. Can you give me a definite answer by tomorrow?
11. She has certain definite beauties, such as her eyes.
12. We had no trouble finding your house because your directions were definite.
13. The doctor is quite definite about Tom having measles.
14. It's definite that he will come to help us.
15. Let's feel out the situation first before we take any definite steps.
1. Remember, keep a positive attitude and good things will happen.
2. You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining.
3. I'm as positive as I can be about it.
4. A positive pregnancy test soon confirmed her intuitive feelings.
5. The athlete received a two-year suspension following a positive drug test.
6. The agreement should have very positive results in the long term.
7. Good day to you, Bernard! It's a positive delight to see you.
8. Work on the positive, creating beautiful, loving and fulfilling relationships.
9. Working abroad should be an exciting and positive experience for all concerned.
10. Officials are awaiting positive identification before charging the men with war crimes.
11. If the test is positive, a course of antibiotics may be prescribed.
12. It's really a simple numbers game with negative and positive numbers.
13. The parting from his sister had a positive effect on John.
14. This energy could be much better spent taking some positive action.
15. There's been a positive response to the UN Secretary-General's recent peace efforts.