dull钝的; 迟钝的; 呆滞的; 阴暗的;
gloomy黑暗的; 令人沮丧的; 前景黯淡的; 悲观的，阴郁的;
stupid愚蠢的; 迟钝的; 乏味的;
bright and early
(as) bright as a button
the bright lights
they hankered for the bright lights of the capital.
look on the bright side
the darkest hour is just before the dawn
keep something dark
a shot (或 stab) in the dark
in the dark
high-level decisions made in the dark.
kept me in the dark about their plans.
(as) dull as dishwater (或 ditchwater)
dull the edge of
she'd have to find something to dull the edges of the pain.
1. A bright shooting star, or meteor, is an unforgettable sight.
2. Fluorescent lights flickered, and then the room was brilliantly, blindingly bright.
3. Ford had the bright idea of paying workers enough to buy cars.
4. Both had successful careers and the future looked bright.
5. He was diagnosed as severely dyslexic but extraordinarily bright.
6. He was a nice lad — bright and with a sunny disposition.
7. She gave him a bright, determined smile which seemed unnatural.
8. Each room is distinctively decorated with light, bright colors and floral prints.
9. I came into contact with very bright Harvard and Yale students.
10. Susan'sa very bright and intelligent woman who knows her own mind.
11. You're a bright enough kid, I'll give you that.
12. He had fuzzy black hair and bright black eyes.
13. The flowers are bronzy in bud and bright yellow when open.
14. "May I help you?" said a bright American voice over the telephone.
15. He wore a T-shirt that had been tie-dyed in bright colours.