beside oneself (with)
忘形，发狂at the end of one's self-control, almost mad
He is beside himself with joy.他欣喜若狂。
She is beside herself with anger.她气得要死。
I was beside myself with toothache.我牙疼得要命。
She was beside herself with grief.她非常疼痛。
beside the point
离题having nothing to do with the main point in question
〔说明〕 本短语还可说成beside the question或beside the mark。
Usually what she says is beside the point.她说的话通常是不着边际的。
All you are saying is beside the mark.你说得都离题了。
与…相比put against; compare with
Money seems unimportant when set beside the joys of the family.与家庭幸福比起来，金钱就显得不那么重要了。
1. He lay beside her awkwardly, propped on an elbow.
2. I found a place to park beside a station wagon.
3. A moment or two later champagne in an ice-bucket materialized beside them.
4. Brian didn't like it, but that was beside the point.
5. A black Mercedes screeched to a halt beside the helicopter.
6. The hunter knelt beside the animal carcass and commenced to skin it.
7. He had shouted down the phone at her, beside himself with anxiety.
8. I went and stood beside him, looking over his shoulder.
9. On the table beside an empty plate was a pile of books.
10. He knelt beside her and caught her hand in both of his.
11. The room was empty apart from one man seated beside the fire.
12. Marianne was none too pleased to find Simon seated beside her.
13. Bessie, resplendent in royal blue velvet, was hovering beside the table.
14. Eva pulled over a chair and sat beside her husband.
15. He was sitting on an upright chair beside his bed, reading.