become, get, grow, turn, go, come
1. He plays some passages so slowly that they become lugubrious.
2. I denied my father because I wanted to become someone else.
3. Many of the leaders have become hooked on power and money.
4. All too often they become enmeshed in deadening routines.
5. International investors have become jittery about the country's economy.
6. If untreated, the gums recede, become swollen and bleed.
7. She noticed her own proud walk had become a shuffle.
8. Rock'n'roll has become so commercialised and safe since punk.
9. Later he was to become famous as a pacifist.
10. The direct marketing industry has become adept at packaging special offers.
11. It has confirmed me in my decision not to become a nun.
12. This just shows how divorced from reality she's become.
13. Those who suffer from narcissism become self-absorbed or chronic show-offs.
14. His work clothes, having become saturated with oil, had to be cleaned.
15. In the course of time, many of their myths become entangled.