1. They have both behaved very badly and I am very hurt.
2. The European Parliament badly needs a president who can burnish its image.
3. He had wrenched his ankle badly from the force of the fall.
4. Sometimes the original abortion was done so badly that the uterus prolapsed.
5. I think it's the height of bad manners to be dressed badly.
6. Fruit-picking is boring, badly paid and very hard work.
7. Water supplies and other public utilities were badly affected.
8. It is not surprising they did so badly in last year's elections.
9. Planes landed at Bagram airport today carrying badly needed food and medicine.
10. Teachers know that low exam results will reflect badly on them.
11. It hurt so badly he wished to cease to be.
12. His mother was old, badly dressed and obviously downtrodden.
13. Luke badly wanted a pass mark. Still does, I daresay.
14. The inves-tigators found that the underground pipes were badly corroded.
15. Despite his illegal act, few people think badly of him.
1. He was well acquainted with the literature of France, Germany and Holland.
2. Well, at any rate, let me thank you for all you did.
3. His beautifully illustrated book well attested his love of the university.
4. His wife wasn't feeling too well and she wanted to go home.
5. Well, so much for the producers. But what of the con-sumers?
6. Ethiopia'sart springs from her early Christian as well as her Muslim heritage.
7. His exercise books were full of well deserved red ticks.
8. He bowled so well that we won two matches.
9. "Well," he conceded, "I do sometimes mumble a bit."
10. "Well," she said a little uneasily, "what is it?"
11. He did well to get such a good mark.
12. Our men wiped them out, but the enemy fought bravely and well.
13. Well, I'll take your word for it then, love.
14. Children at school receive coloured stars for work well done.
15. He knew when to leave well alone and when to interfere.