1. The hypnotic state actually lies somewhere between being awake and being asleep.
2. He was awake at 3am, mooching about in the darkness.
3. He lay awake watching her for a long time.
4. He came fully awake to hear the bath running.
5. My own eyes had felt heavy-lidded, but now I was wide awake.
6. He had been drinking mugs of coffee to keep himself awake.
7. I could not relax and still felt wide awake.
8. I don't stay awake at night worrying about that.
9. Nightmares kept me awake all night.
10. The noise kept him awake.
11. Suddenly he found himself awake and fully alert.
12. I was in that half-and-half land where you are not completely asleep nor completely awake.
13. All night she grinds her teeth together , keeping me awake.
14. The explorer was ever awake for the dangers that surrounded him.
15. I know you're really awake; you're just having a joke with me.