sleepy ： 最常用词，指人昏昏欲睡，或沉睡时的寂静状态。
asleep ： 作表语，多用于非正式的英语里，指处于睡着的状态，侧重动作的结果。
asleep at the switch
1. (北美 非正式)不专心的，不留神的;不活跃的
1. He was already asleep in the bed, which smelled faintly of mildew.
2. He fell asleep just past midnight with tolerable ease.
3. Sister Francesca entered the chapel, took her seat, and promptly fell asleep.
4. His eyes were shut and he seemed to have fallen asleep.
5. Sam snuggled down in his pillow and fell asleep.
6. He was asleep there, curled up in the fetal position.
7. She buried her head under the covers, pretending to be asleep.
8. The hypnotic state actually lies somewhere between being awake and beingasleep.
9. As we fall asleep the amplitude of brain waves slowly becomes greater.
10. Apart from two men on watch in the engine-room, everyone was asleep.
11. Michelle had fallen asleep with her head against his shoulder.
12. When he went upstairs five minutes later, she was fast asleep.
13. The boys are curled asleep in the small bedroom upstairs.
14. After changing the bed, I would fall asleep quickly.
15. One or two listeners had fallen asleep while the President was speaking.
1. She was still tired and sleepy when he woke her.
2. All of a sudden she didn't look sleepy any more.
3. Sleepy-eyed commuters were wending their way to work.
4. I was beginning to feel amazingly sleepy.
5. I feel terribly sleepy all at once.
6. He had begun to feel sleepy.
7. She was so sleepy that she ran into a lamppost.
8. The party was tame because all the people were sleepy.
9. The cat lay stretched out beside the fire in sleepy content.
10. Her yawn suggests that she is sleepy.
11. Go to bed if you feel sleepy.
12. He insisted that he wasn't sleepy.
13. She always has a sleepy expression.
14. She finds that the sleepy town she moves to isn'tthe rural idyll she imagined.
15. The body's natural rhythms mean we all feel dull and sleepy between 1 and 3pm.