除…之外except for;besides;in addition to
Aside from our son there was no child here.除了我们的儿子外，这里没有别的孩子。
Aside from the little savings I have no other money.除了这点儿储蓄我再也没有钱了。
Aside from hanging about in the street, there's nothing for kids to do here.除了在街上闲逛之外，孩子们在这里无事可做。
Everything was quiet, aside from the occasional sound of a car in the distance.除了远处偶尔有汽车的声响外，四周一片寂静。
brush〔cast, sweep〕sth aside
不理会某事refuse to consider to deal with sth
Railway companies brushed aside fears that staff cuts would compromise safety.铁路公司不理会裁员会危及安全的担忧。
You must cast all doubts aside and tackle the job with confidence.你必须消除一切疑虑，充满信心地着手进行这项工作。
leave〔put, set〕 sth aside
1.对某事置之不理;不考虑某事deliberately not consider or include sth
Leave it aside for the time being,will you?暂时把它放一放，好吗?
2.留作…用keep time, money, land, etc. for future use or a particular purpose
They had put some money aside for a new car.他们存了一些钱，准备买一辆新车。
1. I pushed the problem aside; at present it was insoluble.
2. £130 million would be set aside for repairs to schools.
3. This allowed Ms. Kelley to lay aside money to start her business.
4. He had been swept aside in the whirlwind of reform and anarchy.
5. Sweden needs to cast aside outdated policies and thinking.
6. I threw aside my mosquito net and jumped out of bed.
7. "You're standing in the way," she said. "Would you mind moving aside"
8. Non-state firms gradually elbow aside the inefficient state-owned ones.
9. He stood aside and motioned Don to the door.
10. Billy Ewing grabbed him by the elbow and took him aside.
11. They also claim that the security team elbowed aside a steward.
12. By pushing aside unpleasant thoughts they merely repress these thoughts.
13. These cavils aside, most of the essays are very good indeed.
14. Some doctors advise setting aside a certain hour each day for worry.
15. Will put his arm around her shoulders and drew her aside.