1. His hands were too weak to cock his revolver.
2. Issues such as these were not really his concern.
3. The rescuers were beaten back by strong winds and currents.
4. They were knocking around together for about a year.
5. Engineers noticed that the pipes were not expanding as expected.
6. My cuticles were split and ragged, and my nails unevenly bitten.
7. The rebels were to have fully disbanded by June the tenth.
8. I picked first all the people who usually were left till last.
9. Early American weathervanes were most often cut from flat wooden boards.
10. More people would be attracted to cycling if conditions were right.
11. Three prisoners were sharing one small cell 3 metres by 2 metres.
12. The guerrillas were holding out in the Paghman valley.
13. They were going to sail around the little island, against the tide.
14. Their replies were no more than grunts of acknowledgement.
15. They were still arguing the toss about the first goal.
现在时 i am, you are, he is, we are, you are, they are (缩略式 i'm, you're, he's, we're, you're, they're), (否定缩略式 i'm not, isn't, aren't), 过去时 i was, you were, he was, we were, you were, they were (过去时否定缩略式 wasn't, weren't), 过去分词been, 现在分词being
“be”除了原形的“be”之外，还有另外七种形式：am, is, are, been, being, was, were.
在句子中，“be”可以是主动词(the principal verb)或助动词(the auxiliary verb)