appoint表示 任命，委派; 约定的意思，能够和appoint搭配成短语的词汇有哪些你清楚吗，现在跟着小编一起学习下面为大家整理的appoint的短语搭配吧，希望对你有帮助哦!
为(某事)约定(时间) fix (a time) for (a purpose)
appoint sth for sth
Appoint the time and place for the meeting.决定开会的时间和地点吧。
We must appoint a day for the next meeting.我们要为下次会议确定个日子。
任命 choose sb for a position
appoint sb to sth
As president, he appointed men to his cabinet whom he considered most capable for the job.作为总统,他委派最能干的人到内阁供职。
They appointed him to a high office.他们任命他做高级官吏。
The Dragon King was overjoyed and appointed the turtle to a very high position.龙王大喜,给了乌龟很高的官职。
appoint, designate, assign, name, nominate
1. "Why didn't you appoint Ron twelve months ago?"—"Good question."
2. He promised to appoint an AIDS czar to deal with the disease.
3. Our plan is to allocate one member of staff to handle appoint-ments.
4. The Prime Minister has the power to dismiss and appoint senior ministers.
5. You may appoint a proxy to vote for you.
6. Appoint the time and place for the meeting.
7. We must appoint a day to meet again.
8. The draft would give the president the power to appoint the central bank's chairman.
9. His appoint-ment is a complete surprise — he has never been mentioned as a front runner.
10. I have resigned, and they have a free hand to appoint whom they like in my place.
11. The company decided to appoint a Japanese manager as president of the company. The decision came as a bolt from the blue.
12. The State Council exercises the function and power to appoint and remove administrative personnel according to the provisions of the law.
13. It made sense to appoint a banker to this job.
14. We shall appoint eight o'clock as the time to begin.
15. Mel paused, to let his appoint sink home, before continuing.
梅尔稍停了一下, 好让大家都吃透他的论点后, 再继续说下去.