appearance, look, face, aspect
keep up appearances
make (或 put in) an appearance
to (或 by) all appearances
to all appearances, it had been a normal day.
1. Marilyn made her last public appearance at Madison Square Garden.
2. It was the president's second public appearance to date.
3. The privations of monastery life were evident in his appearance.
4. Carol managed a few proper snivels for the sake of appearance.
5. Sikhs were expected to adhere strictly to the religious rules concerningappearance.
6. Flowering plants were making their first appearance, but were still a rarity.
7. He made a brief, unexpected appearance at the office.
8. The commentators make endless quips about the female players' appearance.
9. Barry's speech followed Dirk Bogarde's appearance, and was an inevitable anticlimax.
10. What amazed him even more than her appearance was her poise.
11. Her appearance at this moment is an omen of disaster.
12. She used to be so fussy about her appearance.
13. Young people are very sensitive about their appearance.
14. I had taken great pains with my appearance.
15. Ronnie put a high value on his appearance.