inquire 打听，询问; 查究;
ask 问，询问; 需要;
1. "I can't give you an answer now," he hedged.
2. Two historical questions — you can answer them how you like.
3. Two men answer-ing the description of the suspects tried to enter Switzerland.
4. He grimaced slightly, obviously expecting no answer to his rhetorical question.
5. I don't quite know what to say in answer to your question.
6. I'll be happy to answer any questions if there are any.
7. She is tough, unwilling to take no for an answer.
8. The answer had come to him in a flash.
9. The housekeeper moved smartly to the Vicar's desk to answer the call.
10. I'm afraid I have to answer a call of nature.
11. This drug could be the answer to our prayers.
12. That statement seemed designed to answer criticism of allied bombing missions.
13. She had rung off before he could press her for an answer.
14. He must be made to answer for his terrible crimes.
15. Privatisation and gimmickry are not the answer to improving Britain's rail service.
16. I will inquire when to begin our lessons.
17. I must inquire after my sick friend.
18. Why don't you inquire by telephone?
19. They determined to inquire thoroughly into the matter.
20. It would be well to inquire.
21. That was Nicholas's cue to ask for another chocolate chip cookie.
22. He was too proud to ask his family for help and support.
23. Can I just ask something 'cos I'm really quite interested in this.
24. They try to tease out the answers without appearing to ask.
25. We rang Duncan to ask where he was going on holiday.