entirely wholly totally completely thoroughly
all completely totally thoroughly outright wholly entirely
adv. 全部地; 完全地; 总共; 总而言之;
1. His objective was to kill the space station project altogether.
2. Altogether, it was a delightful town garden, peaceful and secluded.
3. I don't think a sedentary life would altogether suit me.
4. "Perhaps it would be better if I withdrew altogether." — "Certainly not!"
5. I suspect he isn't altogether unhappy about my absence.
6. We were not altogether sure that the comet would miss the Earth.
7. That is another matter altogether. And we shall come to that next.
8. When Artie stopped calling altogether, Julie found a new man.
9. A growing number of employers are trying to bypass the unions altogether.
10. My involvement has not been altogether, shall we say, ethical.
11. Altogether seven inmates escaped by scaling a wall and climbing down scaffolding.
12. The long-range goal must be to do away with nuclear weapons altogether.
13. Well, now just a second, I don't altogether agree with the premise.
14. Today's celebrations have been altogether more sedate.
15. "I'm not altogether a fool," she said gruffly.
al全部+together共同, 一起→adv.完全地, 总而言之;总之;总共
in the altogether
she's agreed to pose in the altogether.