afraid表示害怕的; 担心的; 恐怕; 畏惧，害怕的意思，那么你知道afraid短语有哪些吗?接下来小编为大家整理了afraid的短语，希望对你有帮助哦!
be afraid 害怕
look afraid 显得害怕
seem afraid 好像害怕
half afraid 有点怕
not a bit afraid 一点不怕
awfully afraid 非常害怕
cautiously afraid 怕得谨小慎微
childishly afraid 非常幼稚地怕
constantly afraid 一直怕
curiously afraid 怕得叫人难以理解
deadly afraid 怕得要命
afraid for sb/sth 为某人〔某事〕担心
afraid of sth/sb 怕某事〔某人〕
afraid of v-ing 怕做某事
1. She was afraid in a way that was quite new to her.
2. "I'm afraid he's ill." — "I'm sorry to hear that."
3. Why should a great community like a university be afraid of nihilism?
4. I was afraid you'd simply feel we were imposing on you.
5. Aren't you afraid of being seen as a righteous crusader?
6. He was a little bit afraid of his father's reaction.
7. I'm afraid I made a pig of myself at dinner.
8. I'm afraid I have to answer a call of nature.
9. I'm afraid that this school year is off to a shaky start.
10. People are afraid to venture out for fear of sniper attacks.
11. Don'tbe afraid to ask for advice about ordering the meal.
12. Arvo avoided committing himself. "I'm afraid that's not my province," he replied.
13. I was slightly afraid of their chilly distant politeness.
14. I was afraid of getting left on the shelf.
15. To tell you the truth, I was afraid to see him.