the means have
supply offer furnish
yield supply furnish
vt. 买得起; 担负得起; 提供; 给予;
1. They could not afford to spoil those maps by careless colouring.
2. They pay full rates. Mind you, they can afford it.
3. It would be nice to be able to afford to retire earlier.
4. I really can't afford to see this company go belly up.
5. He could not afford luxury food on his pay.
6. If I could afford it I'd have four television sets.
7. Only the extremely rich could afford to lunch at the Mirabelle.
8. Can you afford to splash out a little? Is your budget unlimited?
9. Soon the villagers couldn't afford to buy food for themselves.
10. She could no longer afford to keep him at school.
11. He can afford to sit out the property slump.
12. Many hospitals say they simply can't afford to computerize.
13. People can't even afford to pony up for movie tickets.
14. Someone with an income of $34,895 can afford this loan.
15. The best housing they could afford was crowded and filthy.