equip ： 侧重提供与技术有关的装备或设备等。
furnish ： 多指添置家具等供给生活的必需品或为生活舒适提供所需的服务设施。
supply ： 普通用词，指提供任何所需求的东西。
afford ： 一般只用于对抽象事物提供，也可指经济能力上的供给或支付。
1. Substantial numbers of rank and file members ignored their union's advice.
1. Poor housing and family stress can affect both physical and mental health.
1. They could not afford to spoil those maps by careless colouring.
2. They pay full rates. Mind you, they can afford it.
3. It would be nice to be able to afford to retire earlier.
4. I really can't afford to see this company go belly up.
5. He could not afford luxury food on his pay.
6. If I could afford it I'd have four television sets.
7. Only the extremely rich could afford to lunch at the Mirabelle.
8. Can you afford to splash out a little? Is your budget unlimited?
9. Soon the villagers couldn't afford to buy food for themselves.
10. She could no longer afford to keep him at school.
11. He can afford to sit out the property slump.
12. Many hospitals say they simply can't afford to computerize.
13. People can't even afford to pony up for movie tickets.
14. Someone with an income of $34,895 can afford this loan.
15. The best housing they could afford was crowded and filthy.
mally be inaccessible.
3. There is a plentiful supply of arms on the black market.
4. As the baby suckles, a further supply of milk is generated.
5. The supply of money in circulation was drastically reduced overnight.
6. They believed that controlling the money supply would reduce inflation.
7. Food is in short supply all over the country.
8. Don'tforget that all dogs need a supply of fresh water to drink.
9. Some barbecues can be plugged into a household electricity supply.
10. Researchers need a growing supply of corpses for dissection.
11. The Afghan air force was using helicopters to supply the besieged town.
12. The building had been trashed and its electricity supply cut.
13. The demand for places at some schools exceeds the supply.
14. Supply the missing word(s) and you could win a T-shirt.
15. He announced tough measures to limit the money supply.
e to painkillers.
3. Nursing auxiliaries provide basic care, but are not qualified nurses.
4. Light colours provide an effective backdrop for pictures or a mirror.
5. The least his hotel could do is provide a little privacy.
6. In the evening a log fire would provide cosiness.
7. Which adult in these children's lives will provide the nurturing they need?
8. New technology should provide a secure firewall against hackers.
9. The terrain's high points provide a panoramic view of Los Angeles.
10. Both the petitioner and respondent provide for the upkeep of the children.
11. Provide them with additional background or with supplementary information.
12. Thatched pavilions provide shady retreats for relaxing and reading in privacy.
13. These projects will provide vital links between companies and universities.
14. Legal Aid can often provide referral to other types of agencies.
15. Election officials have rigged up speakers to provide voters with music.