adequate的反义词3：deficient 不足的，缺乏的; 有缺陷的; 不充分的;
1. People accused the ministry of failing to take adequate preventive measures.
2. Most states guarantee the right to free and adequate education.
3. They had rushed in without adequate appreciation of the task.
4. The western diet should be perfectly adequate for most people.
5. Without adequate information, many students choose a college almost blindly.
6. They said they could not provide adequate air cover for ground operations.
7. A system like ours lacks adequate safeguards for civil liberties.
8. Until the beating, Cantanco's eyesight had been weak, but adequate.
9. Make sure that the firm's insurance cover is adequate.
10. Food in the dining car was adequate, if uninspired.
11. One in four people worldwide are without adequate homes.
12. an adequate supply of hot water
13. Can plants obtain adequate nourishment from such poor soil?
14. Wear clothes that provide adequate protection against the wind and rain.
15. There must be adequate recompense for workers who lose their jobs.
16. Vegetarians can become iron-deficient.
17. Oceanic islands are sometimes deficient in animals of certain whole classes.
18. In aprotic acids, it is some other electron – deficient element.
19. It only shows her being deficient in something herself – sense or feeling.
20. He was tired because he had had insufficient sleep.