acknowledge, admit, confess, recognize, concede
1. You have to acknowledge that we live in a racist society.
2. Doran stuck his head out of the window to acknowledge the cheering.
3. Some of the clergy refused to acknowledge the new king'slegitimacy.
4. Gradually he began to acknowledge his feelings of envy towards his mother.
5. Social workers went to great pains to acknowledge men's domestic rights.
6. He saw her but refused to even acknowledge her.
7. His cooking reflects a determination to acknowledge his northern roots.
8. I allowed myself to acknowledge my true feelings.
9. She refuses to acknowledge the need for reform.
10. It is ungracious of me not to acknowledge your help.
11. I gratefully acknowledge financial support from several local businesses.
12. We gratefully acknowledge the contributions of everyone who helped us.
13. I hereby acknowledge receipt of your letter of 25 July.
14. With so much evidence against him he had to acknowledge his error.
15. We must acknowledge his letter.