1. The Great War started in August of that year.
2. A pirated edition of the book was published in August 1986.
3. The call-up of National Guard and reserve units begun in late August.
4. The letter was franked in London on August 6.
5. They were married on August 9 in a civil ceremony in Venice.
6. Between July and August, oil product prices fell 0.2 per cent.
7. Negotiators from the three countries finalized the agreement in August.
8. They throng the beaches between late June and early August.
9. The registration form showed his date of birth as August 2, 1979.
10. New consumer credit fell to $3.7 billion in August.
11. Ominously, car sales slumped in August.
12. Diplomatic relations were frozen until August this year.
13. Take cuttings from it in July or August.
14. The trial will resume on August the twenty-second.
15. August is still an awfully long way away.
1. Other US data included a 0.8 % rise in wholesale inventories in August.
2. Malaysia reported Thursday that its exports declined 19.8 % in August from a year earlier.
3. New consumer credit fell to $3.7 billion in August.
4. In July Belgium's jobless rate was unchanged at 8.2% of the workforce.
5. Ominously, car sales slumped in August.
6. The number of corporate bankruptcies climbed in August.
7. His term of appointment expires in August.
8. News on new home sales is brighter, showing a gain of nearly 8% in June.
9. August registrations have gone ballistic, accounting now for a quarter of the annual total.
10. Nicholas has bought a barn in Provence and is spending August doing it up.
11. The peace talks have been deadlocked over the issue of human rights since August.
12. It is noteworthy that the programme has been shifted from its original August slot to July.
13. The retail price index for September is expected to show inflation edging up to about 10.8 per cent.
14. This area of France has a pleasing climate in August.
15. Average earnings in the economy moved up another notch in August.