1. My fish average 2 lb 8 oz and I've had two eight-pounders.
2. An 8-year-old boy was killed by a stray bullet.
3. The correct answers can be found at the bottom of page 8.
4. She recorded a time of two minutes 8.74 seconds.
5. He polished off his opponents 21-2, 21-8 and 21-8.
6. She planned to unlock the store at 8.00 sharp this morning.
7. On December 8 the media blitz began in earnest.
8. Masked robbers broke in, tied him up, and made off with $8,000.
9. Unemployment in Britain rose to 8.1% of the labour force.
10. The last figures so far this year indicate a rise of 13.8%.
11. 8,000 homes were plunged into darkness as electricity cables crashed down.
12. Answers can be found at the bottom of page 8.
13. The Visitor Centre is open daily 8.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
14. BMW is recalling 8,000 cars because of a design fault.
15. The San Francisco earthquake of 1906 had a magnitude of 8.3.