eight 英 [eɪt] 美 [et]
1. The builders have perched a light concrete dome on eight slender columns.
2. Charlie was earning eight pounds, I was earning five.
3. The French, who led 21-3 at half time, scored eight tries.
4. By my reckoning we were seven or eight kilometres from Borj Mechaab.
5. My fish average 2 lb 8 oz and I've had two eight-pounders.
6. The time delay would be smaller by eight orders of magnitude.
7. He walked two hundred and sixty miles in eight days.
8. I had to drive eight miles at rush hour.
9. I told you, man! It'll be sometime after eight o'clock.
10. Leaders of eight Latin American countries are meeting in Caracas, Venezuela, today.
11. Twenty eight percent of the federal budget is spent on defense.
12. He also had his licence endorsed with eight penalty points.
13. To date we have spent eight thousand pounds between us.
14. They worked without a break until about eight in the evening.
15. One in eight women lives in an abusive relationship.