1. My fish average 2 lb 8 oz and I've had two eight-pounders.
2. An 8-year-old boy was killed by a stray bullet.
3. The correct answers can be found at the bottom of page 8.
4. She recorded a time of two minutes 8.74 seconds.
5. He polished off his opponents 21-2, 21-8 and 21-8.
6. She planned to unlock the store at 8.00 sharp this morning.
7. On December 8 the media blitz began in earnest.
8. Masked robbers broke in, tied him up, and made off with $8,000.
9. Unemployment in Britain rose to 8.1% of the labour force.
10. The last figures so far this year indicate a rise of 13.8%.
11. 8,000 homes were plunged into darkness as electricity cables crashed down.
12. Answers can be found at the bottom of page 8.
13. The Visitor Centre is open daily 8.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
14. BMW is recalling 8,000 cars because of a design fault.
15. The San Francisco earthquake of 1906 had a magnitude of 8.3.
1. The builders have perched a light concrete dome on eight slender columns.
2. Charlie was earning eight pounds, I was earning five.
3. The French, who led 21-3 at half time, scored eight tries.
4. By my reckoning we were seven or eight kilometres from Borj Mechaab.
5. My fish average 2 lb 8 oz and I've had two eight-pounders.
6. The time delay would be smaller by eight orders of magnitude.
7. He walked two hundred and sixty miles in eight days.
8. I had to drive eight miles at rush hour.
9. I told you, man! It'll be sometime after eight o'clock.
10. Leaders of eight Latin American countries are meeting in Caracas, Venezuela, today.
11. Twenty eight percent of the federal budget is spent on defense.
12. He also had his licence endorsed with eight penalty points.
13. To date we have spent eight thousand pounds between us.
14. They worked without a break until about eight in the evening.
15. One in eight women lives in an abusive relationship.