write in reply
立即回信 by return of post
收到回信 letter received ; Received a response
不久回信 Near letter ; reply shortly ; Reply soon
按期回信 punctual in answering letter
等候回信 To await an answer
写回信 write in return
快回信 write soon
1. I wrote back to Meudon at once to fix up a meeting.
2. After days of reflection she decided to write back.
3. I wrote to him but I never had an answer back.
4. Macmillan wrote back saying that he could certainly help.
5. Auntie Winnie wrote back saying Mam wasn't well enough to write.
6. Did he answer your letter?
7. Please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
8. I've not replied to Lee's letter yet.
9. an international reply coupon
10. He wrote back that he was too busy to join us.
11. She is angry that he has not answered her letter.
12. Marx wrote back to say that Engels'praise had greatly encouraged him.
13. Please pardon me for not having answered your letter.
14. She wondered why they hadn't given her an answer.
15. No reply from him yet; presumably he hasn't received my letter.
An "entrepreneurial" seven year old wrote to Google for a job and its CEO replied.
After discussing her father's work, Chloe Bridgewater decided she would like to work for Google and penned a letter beginning "dear Google boss".
It was only the schoolgirl's second letter, after her first missive to Father Christmas, but the search engine's CEO Sundar Pichai wrote back.
"We were gobsmacked, but I don't think Chloe could understand the magnitude of the reaction she'd got afterwards," said father Andy, a sales manager from Hereford.
"She's got a great entrepreneurial spirit. Ever since nursery, she's always been told in school reports she's bright, hard-working and polite – we're very proud of her and her younger sister is similar," he said.
Mr Pichai's full reply.
"Thank you so much for your letter. I'm glad that you like computers and robots, and hope that you will continue to learn about technology."
"I think if you keep working hard and following your dreams, you can accomplish everything you set your mind to – from working at Google to swimming at the Olympics."
"I look forward to receiving your job application when you are finished with school! All the best to you and your family."